First, the fabric. This is the swimsuit fabric I bought with Susan when I visited Sydney a few summers back. It's been waiting for the perfect swimsuit pattern and I knew that it would be perfect for Sophie. The only drawback is that the style lines aren't so obvious. I look forward to playing with them at a later date. For the findings I used a waterproof elastic and bikini clasp from Minerva crafts.
Compared to the last pair of bikini bottoms I made these are like heaven. Finishes at the right point on the waist and the 'leg holes' for want of a better term, are spot on. I forgot that I was wearing them, which is really the ideal goal. There's nothing worse than going swimming and constantly fiddling, pulling something down, tugging something up. I could truly be care free in this.
And now onto the bikini top. I live in constant despair that my 29" bust isn't big enough for sewing patterns but all of the work Heather has done with different cup sizes means that I actually had a chance of it fitting, and it did!
I didn't use an underwire. I don't have an underwire in any of my bras, cuz I just don't need one! I did the jumping test in this and it passed with flying colours.
I had a bit of a muddle getting the right cup pieces in the right place at the right time, the right way out. But I got there in the end.
Oh, and it's also fully lined which felt very luxurious.
Argh I'm so so happy with how it turned out! I was a bit concerned about how a bikini top and high waisted bottoms would work on my because my torso is a bit of a tree trunk, but I like it. I think next time I'd like to use view A for the whole suit and then cut it at the waist to make a tankini. I also want to make a bra!
Thanks for reading and to Heather for letting me test her pattern, Zoe for taking photos and providing mini paddling pool and props and to MK for being Left Water Pourer and Millie for being Right Water Pourer. Much obliged.